Sunday, February 11, 2007

TV ain't the same.

What the fuck happened to our Saturday Morning cartoons? Rant with me here, I admit within the past year or two a few stations like CW, NBC & FOX have tried with some success in my opinion to bring back a quality Saturday morning but it is in no way what I grew up on. What the hell happened to America? We're all about buying out the under dog, cutting corners and importing crap nowadays. Now I have nothing against Japan some of my favorite cartoons from the 80s were anime, although I didn't realize it until later. Nowadays you cant turn to a station without some Americanized Anime. What happened to our quality Disney cartoons? Toon Disney has taken effort to bring back some 80s Disney classics, Winnie The Pooh, DuckTales, Chip N Dale, TaleSpin, GroofTroop and such. Cartoon Network used to run quality 80s programming but now replaced shows with crappy animated cartoons that are either imported from Japan or look like a 5 year old drew them. Toon Disney put in place this Jetix crap and it takes up like 10 hours of broadcasting, I give Disney respect for buying Dungeons & Dragons and airing it but do we really need a "Power Rangers Generations" ?? or a Pucca? What the heck is up with The Replacements? How fucking shallow is this show? Don't like something call a company and have it replaced? wtf. Wheres my CBS Storybreak? Wheres my Muppet Babies... My Chipmunks? My Galaxy Rangers? My "Time For Timer" and School House Rocks?

I give Cartoon Network respect for making Boomerang a channel that for the most part shows 24 hours of hanna barbara and other various toons from the 80s and earlier. Why did Noggin go from showing vintage educational programming to showing Nick Jr. shows? wtf is Nick Jr. for?

Why does ABC show repeats of Disney shows on Saturday morning instead of original programming? I want to know why? But I guess I'll keep asking myself...

No comments: