Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Glory that is KIDS INCORPORATED

Wow what to say about such a great program, I was born in 80, I watched this whenever I got the chance. I viewed it while it was on NBC and if im not mistaken i think it was on CBS for a minute... Maybe not. When it moved to Disney strictly I didn't get to see it as much but whever a free preview was on, I was glued to the television screen. I always had a thing for Marika when I used to watch the show. Looking back I don't know what I was thinking, I mean shes cute but nothing like I remember. I guess things are different in the 80s. If it werent for the horrible fashion and the horrible hair style she may have looked better. Its weird looking back at Stacie Ferguson and seeing her now trying to be Hip Hop with Black Eyed Peas. I love Hip Hop but I dunno I think she tries a bit too hard. She went from doing pop to being hip hop "diva". And to look back at Rahsaan Patterson he still has a great voice to this day, if you havent heard his R&B/Soul music... LOOK IT UP! Ryan Lambert wow... I'm still not sure what to make of his band. This show covered so many wonderful 80s hits, from Madonna to The PlimSouls to The Cure. The show lasted 9 seasons although I have to say the 90s seasons couldn't touch the 80s. The talent wasn't even as great and the way they went and fucked up the intro in 93 is just sacrilege. Don't mess with a good thing it only leads to terrible out comings. I wish shows like this still existed. KIDS INC alongside the new Mickey Mouse Club were awesome Disney shows. I'm just thankful for Youtube and KidsIncorporated.us for giving me a glimpse into something that molded my childhood.




No comments: